Friday, April 16, 2010

Politics- Or should I say Poli-Ticks?

So as I scrolled through the highlights of today's politics I realized many of them have to do with today's Tea Party's. A sort of play of the Boston Tea Party of the 1770's. In fact one of them was in Oregon, a state practically on top of my state, it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house to get to Portland, Oregon. Yesterday was as many of you know tax day here in our amazing country. Yesterday was the day you file your taxes, if you haven't already done so.
But anyway back to the subject, one man got a little out of control with his party hating. In fact he was a teacher, he was virtually selling his horrible propaganda through the use of the school's Internet and computer. He was placed on suspension. He had decided that he would crash the parties any way he knew how, he was even going to attempt to take the information of party goers through their social security number, address, date of birth, and so forth. Thankfully the school is checking into this horrendous show of disfavor.

Then our own dear President, was speaking about how he was going to take into consideration the opinion of the republicans, but whilst making that sentimental statement he happened to jab at our tea parties, some how that just rubs me the wrong way. Okay Mr. President, I am glad you are taking into consideration what I say, but how come if I want to attend a political tea party supporting my team you would dare to make fun of that? That bugs me, in more ways then just one!

Alright, here is my piece, this is something that is simply driving me crazy. My life is overly upended over this horrible, dreadful, I have many adjectives to describe this ruling by our supreme court justice from circuit 9. He has ruled that the National Day of Prayer is un-constitutional! Can you believe that???? I am shocked in utter and complete shock! He says that it violates the separation of church and state!!! Oh the angry and fury burning in me at this moment. I feel like my rights as a citizen have been violated. You have the audacity to tell me that praying is against the law? Somewhere in my bill of rights it says that I have religious freedom! Therefore making it totally okay for me to pray whenever wherever, and however I feel the need to. Thanks, but no thanks buddy! I refuse to be told how and when praying is okay!

Libby!

No comments:

Post a Comment