Thursday, July 15, 2010
This week and next, lots of us here at I Am the Next Generation are going to be gone.
Personally I am going to be doing youth week and finishing up VBS, plus two weeks from now I will be at Centrifuge.
Caitlin will be at camp until a while from now.
Alyssa is going to be at a canal and others will be busy with regular summer activities.
So we'll be back soon see you then! :)
Saturday, July 10, 2010
- Psych- This is my absolute favorite show. It's about a guy who pretends to be a psychic. Everyone knows he's faking it because he just hyper-observant. He also has a friend who is the only other person who knows, because he happens to help out the local police force with some of there problems.
- Leverage- Is a really funny show. I happen to love it. It's just that I've already watch season 1 & 2 so I need to wait for the next. It's about a guy who has a team of theives, and they go around helping people.
- Eureka- Now this isn't really for anyone super smart, because it's about a guy who ends up being the sheriff of a brainiac town. They say stuff that sounds smart but when you really think about it doesn't make sense. It's funny because everything is different in Eureka (the town).
- The Pretender- Now sometimes this show is really creepy. It's about a certain organization that takes kids and does tests on them. Well, it just so happens on of the kids (named Jarod) is really smart and escapes (at a much older age). He goes around and helps people, while on the run from the Centre (the "certain organization;" yes, I spelled it right).
Okay, now those are my favorites. Some of them have there share of "fast-forwarding" moments, and the funniest part is all of these shows I wasn't originally supposed to watch. My parents watched them, then once I got older they let me. Now there my favorites! I happen to like them all, some of them also have some of there creepy moments. I will name them:
Psych- On season 3 there is an episode that is very close to Friday the 13th. Creepy-ish the first time, but after a while not so much.
Leverage- It's just mainly suspense and stuff. There might be some creepy moments but it's been a while for me.
Eureka- There is one time where one of the characters gets kidnapped by a man mutating into a lizard. Really creepy! I couldn't sleep for days.
Pretender- The Centre has very scary things going on in there and a couple times freaky things happen!
Anyway, that pretty much wraps it up. I hope all of you guys check out my stuff. Thanks!
~Alyssa G.- Libby G.
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
But I need to go, but I wouldn't advise watching this movie for anyone. It was really bad. So there's your movie review, hope that you enjoyed it.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
No No number 6:
So this is a big obvious one. Blue eyeshadow. Its cheap and just plain trashy looking. I cringe when I see somebody wearing it. Especialy when it's older women trying to look younger...Don't fight your age! it's inevitable! Embrace it! <3
(sorry it's so short. I still love y'all! <333)
Sunday, July 4, 2010
But anyways, it's late, I need to go to bed, so there you go! Your information on the fourth of July. Thanks for reading,
Libby, in place of Freedom who is in Ukraine! (Sooo, jealous! :)
Friday, July 2, 2010
Ms. Kagan's first case, if she is chosen, could potentially be the Arizona vs. Obama case. (If you aren't familiar with that case, you need to A. wake up, and B. read the week before lasts post!) I'm slightly worried that Ms. Kagan in an effort to show Obama she is capable of the job he set before her, would not look closely enough at the case and simply rule that Obama is right on the pretense of the fact that Obama is her employer. Supreme Court Justices are supposed to be neutral, Ms. Kagan hasn't proven that fact as of yet. I feel that it would be a slight to our country to choose someone who has worked before under two different democrat presidents (Ms. Kagan worked under Clinton.) And also, a woman we have no idea how she would react to a difficult case seeing as she has never been a judge before. Does this sound very critical? Becuase I'm trying hard not to be. I just feel that our country deserves someone who we can do a background check on, see how they ruled in cases before, with Ms. Kagan that is virtually impossible, since she's never been a judge before.
I would appreciate deeply if you who read this would take a second to vote on the poll on the side of this post! Thanks,
Thursday, July 1, 2010
As you all know I'm really into Nancy Drew. Well, not to long ago I started looking for new ND's and just recently I found a new one, Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys (Super Mystery). Sadly there is only three out so far. What it is about is Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys keep on meeting up. And every chapter they switch to a new first-person. One chapter it will be Joe, one Frank, & then Nancy (not in that order). The first one is so funny. First I will talk about the different characters:
- Nancy Drew- She really isn't that different, pretty much normal.
- Frank Hardy- Is the older one of the brothers. He is the most down-to-earth out of both of them. The funniest part about him is that he starts to like Nancy but he knows she has a boy-friend.
- Joe Hardy- Is the girl crazy younger brother. He is always acting before thinking, and most of the time is getting everyone into trouble. But when the pressure comes Joe knows how to be prepared.
Okay, the three books are 1. Terror on Tour 2. Danger Overseas 3. Club Dread.